LOOKING for fashion bargains has just got a lot easier.
Stylist Hester Grainger, 40, of Reading, is a self-confessed deal hunter.
She set up Mummy Saving Shopper on Instagram, posting glossy snaps of all her discounted high street goodies.
Hester who has two children, India, eight, and Hudson, six, says: “For as long as I can remember, I’ve loved clothes. That was the reason I got a Saturday job in a DIY store.
“I got to spend my hard-earned pay packet in Primark, way before it became cool.
“So began a lifelong love of bargain hunting.”
Below are her top tips for saving on shopping.
- Sharing is caring. Sign up to newsletters of your favourite stores and you will often be sent a voucher code just for sharing your email address. Skinnydip, for example, offers ten per cent off your first order when you sign up for its newsletter.
SAVE: 10 per cent
- Become a VIP. Asos has Asos A-List, where you save points each time you shop. For every £1 spent, you receive five points — and 500 points (£100 spent) gives you a £5 voucher. H&M Club works in a similar way. You also get discount codes through the year and unlimited free delivery.
- Recycle, recycle, recycle. Take a small bag of unwanted clothes of any brand to H&M and get a £5 off voucher when you spend a certain amount in store. TM Lewin also offers a shirt swap. Take old shirts to its stores and get £10 off when you buy four or more shirts, or £5 off single shirts.
- Risky business. When shopping online, add clothes to your basket then wait a day or two before you order. Often, you will receive an email reminder that you have not checked out and be given a voucher code to tempt you.
I have been offered free P&P from ceramics company Emma Bridgewater this way.
- Don’t be loyal. If you see something you love in a shop or online, check out Asos as it stocks many brands — and they may be on sale.
The same goes for stores such as John Lewis, House of Fraser, Debenhams and even Selfridges. They often sell branded items cheaper than elsewhere.
Reader’s saving tip
JANETTE ARNOLD, of Watford, says: “Have you got new leather sandals and found they are a bit tight?
To sort the problem out cheaply and quickly, dab a drop of castor oil on the inside and let them dry.”
- Send your tips to sunsavers.co.uk/tips and you will get 28 codes worth £5 if yours is used. Please include your name and town.
SWITCH the sweet almond and macaroon home candle from Jo Malone for the less expensive almond macaroon candle from kiss-air.com.
Deal of the day
GET fired up for mealtime with this Jumbuck Franklin grill from Homebase. Was £150, now £100.
Save a fiver
GO dotty for afternoon tea with this spot teapot from Matalan. Was £10, now £5.
Hols from £15 are BACK!
Collect FIVE Sun Savers codes from The Sun between Saturday, May 12 and Tuesday, May 22.
The last date to join in Friday, May 18, and you’d need to collect FIVE consecutively.
ENTER YOUR CODES HERE
Short Ts & Cs: Price per person based on four sharing. Subject to availability. Code/token collect. Terms and conditions and date restrictions apply.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.
MOST READ IN TIPS
All we’ll ask of you is your name, your date of birth and an email address to get you on the way to your first crisp fiver.
You can choose to save or cash out straight to your bank account or instantly with Paypal.
Don’t delay — join Sun Savers now!