STILL planning the fun for your midweek frightfest?
One in six of us will spend up to £50 on Halloween with 78 per cent admitting it’s on chocs and sweets, a survey has revealed.
Bargain hunter and vlogger Holly Smith (@holly-vlogs) has tracked down some sweet deals, perfect for parties and stashing away over the next few weeks. Feast your eyes on her top tips.
- For party activities: Head to store B&M for its Spooky mix sweet tub, just £1.99 for a large box of sweets. Plus Home Bargains is selling a Chupa Chups jelly creepy crawly pizza, for £2.49 — perfect for kids to decorate.
- For trick or treating: Be prepared for when that doorbell rings this week and buy sweets in bulk. You can get 22 mini-packs of Haribo Starmix from Sainsbury’s for £2 — down from £2.50 — or there’s a better deal at Iceland. The Haribo Super Party Bag has 70 mini-packs for just £5.
- For party bags: Poundland has a range of Casper The Friendly Ghost sweets such as 100 Casper sherbet straws for £1. Or if your kids love unicorns, try their unicorn popping candy packs where you get 20 for £1. That’s compared with Tesco’s Halloween Popping Candy at £2.50 for the same amount.
- For Halloween snacks: Get a FREE tub of Swizzles sweets worth £4 when you buy three packs of frozen party food from Iceland. Another idea is to buy Hartley’s lemon and lime jelly, 90p at Sainsbury’s. Just add in some Halloween sweets before it sets. Home Bargains also has some crazy jello bugs for £1. Head to facebook.com/thesunsavers to watch Holly’s video now.
- ALL prices on are correct at time of going to press. Deals and offers subject to availability.
DRESS up your pooch in this pumpkin outfit from B&M instead of this Pets At Home version.
Reader’s saving tip
DIANE EUBANK from LEEDS says: “As a laundry aid, add some cheap soda crystals to your washing and use a little less detergent. It really helps to remove grease and stains.”
- Send us your tips to sunsavers.co.uk/tips and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if your tip is used. Please include your name and home town.
Shop & save
GET your pearly whites sparkling with 2 for £7 on selected Oral B 3D White Luxe at Boots. Usually £5 each. While stocks last.
My Sun Savers fiver
CAROL CROSS from Staffordshire says: “My husband is doing Stoptober and my Sun Savers fivers have sponsored him. All proceeds go to Macmillan Cancer Support.”
- Send us your Savers fiver stories to sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if your tip is used. Include your name and home town.
EACH pack of chocolate filled Pitch Bloc ‘o’ Choc brioche, comes with a bookmark. RRP £1.20, now £1
Deal of the day
TREAT yourself to the Lookfantastic x Illamasqua Limited Edition Beauty Box from lookfantastic.co.uk. RRP £80, now £35.
Hot right now
TREAT your bloke to the Baylis & Harding Men’s Ultimate Gift Set, which is now half-price at Boots, priced £12.50.
A right royal giveaway with Superdays with 2 FREE tickets
YOU can hobnob with the Royal Family by grabbing two FREE tickets to Madame Tussauds London, worth £70, with Sun Superdays.
Stand with Prince Charles, Camilla, the Queen, Prince Philip and Kate and Wills on the Royal Balcony and practise your wave.
Practise your wave on the Royal Balcony with 2 FREE tickets to Madame Tussauds worth £70[/caption]
Or you can relive the Royal Wedding with Meghan and Prince Harry in front of a 15-foot wide video wall that lets you choose a backdrop while you hang out with the newlyweds.
To get your tickets, go to “Offers’ in the Sun Savers app or sunsavers.co.uk and opt in to the Superdays promotion. Next, collect NINE of the 18 Sun Savers codes, printed daily until November 13. Today’s code is on page 16.
Enter your NINE codes on Sun Savers and click “Redeem”.
You will receive an email with a unique code and steps on booking your date and time. Not a Sun Savers member? See page 16. You can still collect ten of the 18 tokens and use the online booking form, but only Sun Savers get early booking. Token 3 is on the right.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Today’s code is on Page 16. Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £15k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
- T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs at sunsavers.co.uk/faqs.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.