NOW here’s a truly sweet saving for you.
The Twin Peaks choc bar became Poundland’s fastest-selling item ever when it was launched last year.
Under the wrapper, it looked a lot like Toblerone and it tastes like one too. But it costs around £3 less.
No wonder the makers of Toblerone weren’t happy. Poundland has since changed the shape.
Here are some more choc swaps to slash your supermarket spend.
- Best for Bounty hunters. Nuts about coconut? At Sainsbury’s, a pack of ten treat-size Bounty bars costs £1.50. But Aldi has you covered with Romeo bars — just 85p for ten.
- Get a Twix fix. Biscuit addicts would have to shell out £1 for a four-pack of Twix at Morrisons — still good value at 25p a bar. But at Lidl, Mister Choc Caramel & Biscuit bars are 81p for five, around 16p a bar.
- Are you a Snickers seeker? The peanutty classic is £1.50 for four at Sainsbury’s. But we like Tesco’s Nutty Nougat Caramel, which tastes just as good. It is just 85p for six, or just over 14p per bar, as opposed to 38p for the Snickers.
- Mad on Milky Ways? They usually cost around £2.79 for a fun-size pack of 18, although you can get them for £1.69 at starbargains.co.uk.
But Aldi’s Dreemy bars are just 81p for 15. They cost just over 5p a bar, compared to 9p. Those little savings soon add up.
- Lindt for less. Lindt are the ultimate luxury bars . . . and the price reflects that. The Lindt Excellence Dark Orange Intense is £1.50 per 100g at Tesco. Try the similar JD Gross 70 Per Cent Dark Ecuador Chocolate with Orange at Lidl for £1.29. You get 25g more for that price too.SAVE: 21p
- PRICES on this page correct at time of going to press. Deals and offers are subject to availability.
SWAP Elizabeth Arden Retinol Ceramide Line Erasing Night Serum Capsules for the Nspa Expert Nightly Revitalising Retinol Capsules at Asda.
Reader’s saving tip
SOFIYA LULHAM, of Worthing, West Sussex, says: “Dilute concentrated fruit juice with water. Kids won’t notice the difference and it goes so much further.”
- Share your suggestions at sunsavers.co.uk/tips and get 28 codes, worth £5, if we print yours. Remember to include your name and town.
Deal of the day
PREP for Christmas with a Boots Star Gift. Get this Missguided Jaw To The Floor Beauty Vending Machine. Was £40, just £19.50 until Thursday.
Save a fiver
TREAT little ones with this Happyland advent calendar from Mothercare. Was £25, just £20 until Wednesday.
My Sun Savers fiver
WILLIAM HELM of Abingdon, Oxon, says: “I just got back from a fantastic £9.50 Sun Holiday in Cornwall – and I’m saving my fivers for next one.
- Share your Savers fiver stories at sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and get 28 codes, worth £5, if we print yours. Please include your name and town.
ENJOY the new taste of Indian street tea brewed with milk. Tuk Tuk Chai is on offer at Sainsbury’s. Was £1.80, now £1.35. Deal ends Wednesday.
Shop & save
DIAL up a new smartphone. The Alcatel 3V was £149.95, now £99.95 at Argos. Handset comes in black or gold. Offer ends Tuesday.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Today’s code is on Page 24. Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £15k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
- T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs at sunsavers.co.uk/faqs.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.