WITH the start of hen do season, organising a bash that won’t break the bank can be a big ask.
But with these money-saving tips, whether you’re a bride or a maid of honour, you’ll stick to your budget and enjoy a night to remember . . .
Hen dos have started up again, but organising a bash doesn’t need to be hideously expensive[/caption]
- SUCCESS-ORIES: There’s no need to splash out to get your Bride Tribe looking the part. Boohoo has Team Bride balloons from £3 and sashes for £5, while Home Bargains’ personalised champagne flutes are down from £9.99 to £6.99. Plus Matalan has hen party T-shirts for £6. Save: £3 on champagne flutes.
- GOOD TRIP: Heading further afield? Groups of three to nine adults can get a third off off-peak train tickets via Groupsave, used by companies including Southern and Great Northern. Ten or more people should be able to get even bigger discounts, depending on the line. Save: Third off off-peak train tickets
- PRESENT AND CORRECT: A home-made gift will show your bride just how much you care. Fill a scrapbook with old photos and messages from her hens. Hobbycraft has scrapbooks reduced from £12 to £9, while Wilko’s £1 glitter stars are perfect for decoration. Save: £3 on a scrapbook.
- GAME ON: Cocktail-making classes can cost over £100, so try a thrifty games night instead. Pre-record the groom playing his end of a Mr and Mrs quiz, or update Pin The Tail On The Donkey with a bride snap and have hens try to stick a ring on her finger. Save: £100+ on activities.
- DRINK TO THAT: Save cash with a few pre-club bevvies. Aldi is selling 12 mini proseccos for £27 as well as a £4.99 75cl bottle. Most Revolutions have 2-4-1 cocktails if you book a table during Happy Hour, and signing up to the O’Neill’s newsletter will get you a free drink. Save up to £10 on a cocktail.
Deal of the day
KEEP kids busy with Paint Your Own Ceramics like this car money box, now £1.75 at Hobbycraft. Was £3.50
STOCK up your wine cupboard with Signal Post Shiraz 75cl, £5.50 at Co-op. Was £7.25.
But this B&M version is an affordable £9.99[/caption]
HEAD to B&M where you can snap up a furry cushion for just £9.99, similar to ones sold at M&S for £45.
My Sun Savers fiver
MAURICE DAY, from Street, Somerset, says: “My wife and I celebrate our golden wedding anniversary next year, so we are saving towards a nice bottle of bubbly to enjoy together.”
- Send your Savers fiver stories to sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if yours is used. Please include your name and town.
Reader’s saving tip
MARILYN DAVEY, from Bletchley, Milton Keynes, says: “Do not throw away old leather gloves. They are excellent for working in the garden and save you buying expensive gardening gloves.”
- Send us your tips to sunsavers .co.uk/tips and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if your tip is used. Please include your name and town.
Hols from £15 are back
HERE is another chance to book one of our fantastic Hols From £15.
Choose from 229 holiday parks in the UK and Europe. You can check out all the destinations and holiday parks at thesun.co.uk/holidays. The bargain breaks are available all the way until August.
Our Hols From £15 are peak dates, giving you a bigger choice of European holidays compared to our Hols From £9.50 dates.
Pick from either a three-night weekend break or a four-night midweek break. For those who are able to go midweek, you will get your fourth night completely FREE.
To book a holiday, all you need to do is collect FIVE tokens, codewords or Sun Savers codes from those printed daily inside The Sun until May 28. Today’s token and codeword are below, and today’s Sun Savers code is on Page 20. If you have collected FIVE codewords, go to thesun.co.uk/holidays and enter them to book.
Or to book by post, send back your printed tokens along with the booking form found online.
If you are collecting with Sun Savers, go to the Sun Savers app or sunsavers.co.uk and click “Start Collecting” on the “Holidays From £15” page found in the “Offers” section. Next, enter your FIVE Sun Savers codes to unlock booking.
You can even pay for your holiday using the cash in your Sun Savers wallet. Just make sure you book early, as the best holidays go fast.
- Price per person based on four sharing. Subject to availability. Code/token collect. T&Cs and date restrictions apply, see thesun.co.uk/holidays.
Play now to win £50,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £50,000 monthly Raffle.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £50k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
- T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs at sunsavers.co.uk/faqs.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
MOST READ IN MONEY TIPS
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.