HAS Love Island inspired you to get tanning?
Superdrug, which sponsors the show, saw sales of sun cream increase by 112 per cent compared to last year, and sales of fake bake products are up 26 per cent as we look to recreate the bronzed look safely.
But a self tan doesn’t come cheap. High-end brands such as Creme De La Mer can cost £80 for a 200ml bottle. Then there is the prep too.
Here Sun Savers shows you how to find tanning bargains.
- Homemade body scrub. The night before tanning, whip together a DIY exfoliating scrub containing coconut oil, sugar, and ground coffee or vanilla extract. Then rub on the areas you’ll be applying the self-tan to. Beauty expert Joanne Dodds, from hairtrade.com, warns: “This is the most imperative step to getting a flawless fake tan. If you don’t exfoliate properly you will be left with a very patchy, uneven tan.”
SAVE: £38 on a body scrub
- Shop around for the best deals. Bondi Sands 1 Hour Express Self Tanning Foam is the best-selling fake tan in the world, but you don’t have to pay full-price for it. Boots currently has one third off, taking the price down from £18.99 to £12.66 (ends Tuesday). FeelUnique.com offers 15 per cent off your first order when you spend £15 on full-price products with code: 1ST15OFF, making it £16.15 (ends August 20).
SAVE: Up to £6.33
- Pick up multi-use products. You can pick up gradual tan cheaper than bottles of self tan. Garnier Body Deep Gradual Tan Moisturiser is my go-to. You can pick up a 250ml bottle for £5.49, instead of £10.99 for a 150ml can of the brand’s No Streaks Bronzer Medium Self Tan Body Mist. Vichy Ideal Soleil Self Tanner Face And Body Moisturising Milk 100ml, RRP £14, combines face and body tan in one, saving you buying both separately.
SAVE: £5.50 buying gradual tan instead of self tan
- Learn clever tanning hacks. Pop Vaseline on hairlines and eyebrows when fake tanning, and prevent fake tan rubbing off when you sweat by applying talc-free baby powder on skin to soak up the moisture. Made a fake tan faux pas? Fix any fake tan fails with baking soda. You can also try rubbing half a lemon on the problem area for a couple of minutes, before lightly buffing with a damp towel.
SAVE: £17.99 on self-tan eraser
- Bag a bargain moisturiser. You don’t need to fork out for an expensive cream to hydrate knees and elbows before tanning. You can pick up the ultra-conditioning Cocoa Butter Body Lotion 400ml for £1, from Wilko. If you’ve a little more to spare, try Vaseline Cocoa Butter Intensive Care Lotion, 200ml, £3.65 from Superdrug.
ALL prices on this page are correct at time of going to press. Deals and offers subject to availability.
TOAST this deal – William’s British Conserve jam was £2.80, now £2 at Sainsbury’s. Offer ends August 15.
Shop & save
PET in need of a groom? All Furminator deshedding tools come with £10 off at Jollyes pet superstores. Offer available in-store only. Offer ends August 6.
My Sun Savers fiver
SUSAN DONEGAN, from Worsley, Greater Manchester, says: “I’m saving my fivers to treat my grandchildren when we go on a break to Lincoln. The rest will be going on my car’s MOT.”
- Send us your tips to Savers fiver stories sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if your tip is used. Please include your name and town.
Reader’s saving tip
SHAUN BRYANT, from Minehead, Somerset, says: “Save flower seeds so you don’t have to buy new packets. It is easy to get the seeds out of sunflowers and sweet pea – just five pods can amount to one packet.”
- Send your tips to sunsavers.co.uk/tips and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if your tip is used. Please include your name and town.
Deal of the day
NAB up to 30 per cent off selected bikes at Halfords, including this Carrera Parva men’s hybrid bicycle, designed both for commuting in towns and hitting cycle trails on the weekend. Was £300, now £200.
Save a fiver
GET 20 per cent off all plants at Squires Garden Centres, including these David Austin English roses. Were £24.99, now £20. Offer ends today.
Win a year’s food shop
4 x £5,000 prizes
THE weekly food shop can soon add up if you have a hungry family to feed.
But don’t worry because, starting today, Sun Savers is giving you the chance to win one of four prizes of £5,000 to help pay for your groceries for a year – meaning you can throw in a few extra treats in the weekly shop too.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply collect TEN Sun Savers codes from between today, Saturday, July 28, and Tuesday, August 14.
If you are not already a Sun Savers member, simply download the Sun Savers app or register at sunsavers.co.uk. It only takes minutes to sign up.
Already a Sun Savers member? Don’t forget to update your app in the app store.
Then collect ten codes by scanning them via the app or entering them online at sunsavers.co.uk — before Tuesday, August 14.
Each code also counts towards the 28 you need to get your free Sun Savers fiver.
Once you have entered ten codes, click enter in “Win your Groceries” in the offers’ section.
The contest closes on Monday, August 27, after which our winners will be chosen at random. Good luck!
Terms and Conditions
Collect TEN Sun Savers codes from the 18 printed in The Sun between Saturday, July 28, and Tuesday, August 14, 2018.
The last chance to join in is Sunday, August 5.
Competition closes at 23:59pm on Monday, August 27.
Over 18, residents of the UK only. One entry per person. Winners will be selected at random from all valid entries.
There will be four winners of 1 x £5,000 cash. Allow seven days from entry closing for the draw to take place. Winners will then be notified within 14 days.
Please allow 28 days for receipt of prizes. Prize is non-transferable. Your information will only be used for the purposes of this competition.
Promoter is News Group Newspapers Ltd. Not open to staff of the Promoter and promotional partner or their families.
The winners will be asked to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this competition.
The Editor’s decision is final. For a list of winners, please send a stamped addressed envelope to News UK, Competitions Department, 1 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9GF, stating which competition you would like the winners’ details for.
Win a caravan worth over £45,000
THERE is still time to enjoy as many getaways as you want with this amazing Sun Savers competition.
One lucky reader will win a luxury two-bedroom caravan, as well as a year’s pitch fees, one year’s payment for water rates, two years’ electricity, gas and insurance and even a TV – worth more than £45,000 in total.
The winner will be able to choose the site for their fabulous caravan from 31 Haven Holidays parks across the UK.
Holiday home ownership with Haven offers you the choice of 31 distinctive holiday parks, along some of Britain’s most spectacular coastal spots.
Haven has plenty of exclusive owners-only facilities, plus parties and events throughout the season so as a winner you can also become part of a close-knit community and escape to your home away from home whenever you choose.
For a full list of parks and their great facilities, see sunoffers. co.uk/caravan. If not already a Sun Savers member, download the Sun Savers app or see sunsavers.co.uk.
Then collect TEN Sun Savers codes before Tuesday, August 7 by scanning them via the app or entering them online at sunsavers.co.uk.
Once you have entered ten codes, you will be prompted to enter the competition which you must do by Monday, August 20.
Terms and Conditions
Collect TEN Sun Savers codes from the 18 printed in The Sun between Saturday, July 21, and Tuesday, August 7, 2018.
Last chance to join in is this Sunday, July 29. Competition closes at 23:59pm on Monday, August 20, 2018.
Over 18, residents of the UK only, excluding Northern Ireland. One entry per person. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries. There will be ONE winner only.
Caravan site will be subject to pitch availability. Caravan will not be on site until after Sunday, March 31, 2019.
All other prizes included will not become valid or supplied until the caravan has been sited.
Allow 28 days from entry closing for the draw to take place. Winner will then be notified within seven days. No cash alternative to prize in whole or in part. Prize is non-transferable.
The Editor’s decision is final.
- See full terms at sunoffers.co.uk/caravan.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
IF you are not already part of our fantastic Sun Savers Raffle, don’t miss out as the paper you’re holding could be worth an incredible £15,000. Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our fab £15,000 monthly Raffle.
But be quick because our next draw is at the end of July, so join in now.
Plus, for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you will get a GOLDEN TICKET for your chance to win our huge £80,000 Raffle, which takes place every three months. The next £80k Raffle is drawn at the end of September.
To get involved, opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily inside your favourite paper.
You can find today’s Sun Savers code on Page 16. With every Sun Savers code you enter into the Sun Savers app or website, you will automatically earn a ticket for that month’s £15,000 Raffle.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect per month, so make sure you enter as many Sun Savers codes as you can to give yourself the best chance of winning.
Not already a Sun Savers member? Just search “Sun Savers” in the app store and download the app or head to sunsavers.co.uk. To get started, all you need to do is enter a few details.
- See full terms & conditions at sunsavers.co.uk/faqs.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
most read in money
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.