FEELING the freeze? Then chill out with some great ways to keep toasty.
Temperatures have plummeted this week, so I’ve sought out some brr-illiant bargains to keep the cold at bay.
Follow our cash-saving tips to land some great savings on winter clothing[/caption]
- WRAP IT: If it’s time to think about a new winter coat, head to House of Fraser which has some serious deals. Super warm puffa jackets have been slashed from £175 to £70, and cosy coats with a faux fur hood are down from £54 to £27.
- IN-VEST: Staying warm means thermals are a lot more chic these days. While John Lewis has a very warm pair for £18, my advice is to pay attention while doing your supermarket shop. Asda has almost identical base-layer leggings for just £5. They’re especially useful for the chilly school run or if you work outside — and they’re the cheapest I’ve found.
- DONATE AND SAVE: Dig out some quality without the high price and find a treasure trove of steals inside charity shops. You can also now shop at Oxfam.org.uk and have home delivery. We spotted amazing high street bargains such as an Oasis parka-style coat for £29.99, as opposed to the similar style on the fashion chain’s website for £76, which is a saving of £46.01.
- LAYER UP: Chic scarves and warm footwear can help give you a cosy boost. Primark’s chunky scarves are a bargain at £8, in varying colours and you can add a bobble hat for just £2. Tomorrow is the start of Aldi’s winter warmers Special Buys, which include gloves for £3.99 and thermal socks for £1.99.
- SWAP SHOP: The beauty of good winter clothes is that they can last you more than just the one icy season. Rather than forking out on new winter warmers, host a cocktail party where you and your friends can swap items of clothing you no longer want. You could bag a cosy new look, without costing you a penny — and anything left over can be donated to charity.
HAVE a cheesy snack with Wyke Farms Organic Mature, Extra Mature and Vintage Cheddar on offer at Ocado. Was £3, now £2.25 each. Offer ends November 27.
Deal of the day
GET the award-winning Grand Vin De Bordeaux French Lussac Saint-Émilion for £4.99, instead of £6.99 at Lidl.
CUT the price of your brekkie by swapping 48 Weetabix, £4.20, for Asda’s Wheat Bisks, £2.49 for the same amount. We couldn’t tell them apart!
Shop & save
HAVE a close shave with the Gillette Fusion5 Proshield Razor on offer at Boots. Was £12, now £8. But be quick – offer ends at midnight.
My Sun Savers fiver
VIVIENNE PEART from Abingdon, Oxon, says: “I save up all my fivers and use them at Christmas to buy cards, postage stamps and wrapping paper.”
- Send Savers fiver stories to sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if we print yours. Please include your name and town.
Reader’s saving tip
RACHEL WHEATSTONE from Pontypool, Torfaen, says: “I use fatfingers.com – it lists thousands of eBay items that have no bids because of typo errors.”
- Send tips to sunsavers.co.uk/tips and you’ll get 28 codes worth £5 if we print yours. And don’t forget to include your name and town.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Today’s code is on Page 16. Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £15k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
- T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs at sunsavers.co.uk/faqs.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.