WE’RE set for a summer of blockbusters but the cost of a visit to the flicks can be a tear-jerker.
With the likes of Solo: A Star Wars Story, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and Mission: Impossible — Fallout all coming up, many will be keen to get to the cinema.
The cost of a cinema visit can be a real tear-jerker these days[/caption]
According to Movie Theater Prices, adult tickets at Odeon range from £10.95 to £13.95.
But Collette Jones, 26, from Surrey, who runs her own money-saving blog, has this advice for cheaper tickets . . .
1. Turn supermarket store card points into cinema tickets. For example, Sainsbury’s Nectar points get you free Vue cinema tickets, while Tesco Clubcard points can be turned into Cineworld tickets, saving you up to £14.
2. Look on deal sites such as Groupon and Wowcher. Groupon recently had two Odeon cinema tickets for £10 or five for £20, which is a saving of nearly £50.
3. Go off-peak. During the week before 5pm, tickets are cheaper than in the evenings or at weekends, saving you roughly £2 at Cineworld. Vue’s Super Mondays offer means tickets are just £3.99 (£4.99 in London), saving you £6 on average.
4. Buy cheap insurance from Compare The Market. Purchase any insurance from as little as £2 and you’ll get 2 for 1 cinema tickets every Tuesday and Wednesday for a year.
5. Load up on free snacks. With supermarket cashback apps like Shopmium, CheckoutSmart and Quidco ClickSnap, I’ve nabbed Maltesers and a 5-pack of Cadbury Creme Eggs before saving around £2.
6. Join cinema membership schemes. A scheme like Cineworld Unlimited (from £17.90/month) or Odeon Limitless (from £17.99/month) could save you money if you’re a regular cinema-goer. With these, you only need to go twice a month to make your money back.
7. Buy unwanted gift cards. Marketplace Zeek allows you to buy and sell any unwanted gift cards. Odeon, Cineworld and Empire vouchers are often sold with a discount of up to 30 per cent — saving you up to £4.
Deal of the Day
PULL up a chair with this Loro wood and aluminium four-seater garden furniture set from Homebase. Was £310, now £210.
Save a Fiver
PUT a bit of fizz in your life with this four-pack of vintage champagne glasses from iWOOT. Was £24.99, now £19.99.
Shop & Save
Reader Saving Tip
MATHEW HEANEY from LONDON says: “I ran out of wood stain so used coffee instead, adding water and a bit of glue. Add more coffee if you want a darker stain, or build up the layers
- Send your hints to sunsavers. co.uk/tips and get 28 codes, worth £5, if yours is used. Please include your name and town.
Sophia’s Spending Tip
NOT using that costly gym membership? Cancel it and do a workout in the park instead – bring a buddy for added motivation.
Is your paper worth £50?
GET involved in our latest Sun Savers daily draw.
We are giving away thousands of pounds to readers this week in our daily Sun Savers draws.
Just use the Sun Savers codes printed in the paper every day to enter.
Don’t worry if you don’t win today – there is another draw each day this week until Friday. And you can enter as many days as you like.
Taking part couldn’t be easier. Enter or scan the code at the bottom of this page into the Sun Savers app or website.
Go to “Offers” in Sun Savers, then opt-in to today’s “Is Your Paper Worth £50?” draw. Then click “Enter” before midnight.
So grab your Sun Savers code now to see if the paper you’re holding is worth £50!
- Terms and conditions: 18+ UK residents only (excludes Isle of Man & Channel Islands). Daily code collect 09/05/2018 – 11/05/2018 between 00:01 and 23:59. Winners selected at random. T&Cs apply. For full T&Cs, go to sunsavers.co.uk.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.
MOST READ IN TIPS
All we’ll ask of you is your name, your date of birth and an email address to get you on the way to your first crisp fiver.
You can choose to save or cash out straight to your bank account or instantly with Paypal.
Don’t delay — join Sun Savers now!